Sunday, April 11, 2010

NEXT!




Ok...this is the last Robot I'm doing for a while.....it took me 2 days to clean up the digs and organize myself for the new paintings in the 'RITA' series. Got some brand new - to me anyway - photos from the dutch rellies in Holland and a couple of them are real ace for inspiration. So I finished this little beauty today and gathered up the bolts and the nuts and the washers and the bike parts and the etc etc etc - a whole blessed TOTE full ( and we are really happy to have another tote of cr....art stuff to store away) This little number is called "FETCHING" and isn't she just with her little poochie too!

Materials:
Head: a 'wedding' tin I saved that I added little parts and eyes to - her 'hair' is old pc plug ins
Body: a lamp bit and cat food tin
Arms: old skateboard trucks and bike bits
Hands: old sewing machine feet
Legs: Swing arm attachment from a fan * She actually will rotate!
"Poochie" is made from a bike handle, picture wire attachment, bike gears and incense burner thing...(? what do I know -got it at the church rummage sale) The tail is a spring and a 'hoodie' tie holder. *It WAGS! And the 'bone' is a cheeep nut wrench.





No comments:

Post a Comment