Saturday, April 17, 2010

All Done......


"I DON'T KNOW YOU"
Black & White Series #1
Acrylic
The story: Mom used to always say to me " I know you better than you know yourself ", which made me crazy. And she knew that 'cause she never missed an opportunity to give me a dig. Anywhocaresway, it's a truly idiotic thing to say as no one knows you more than you yourself and even then it's often a hazzarded guess. So hence this painting where I actually blended our two faces together......and I didn't 'know' her. She died too soon and we were so far apart.
I love this face...and, boy howdee, didn't think I'd get to saying that particular comment when first I started this series......10 faces to reach this.
....huh......
The dead bird because she's gone and so's the opportunity we ever had to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment