Friday, March 26, 2010

Down The Rabbit Hole




How do I explain being swept up in creating to anyone not , well, possessed by the feeling that you've fallen down the rabbit hole and nothing, I mean, nothing is going to take you away; ok, maybe having to go for groceries or the mail or (bleah*) paying bills but I really resent those moments.

And right now we are deep down in that hole with this new sculpture/art doll whataheckdoIcallit thing.

Illustration of how much I'm into this is, I missed a personal invite to a in house private music concert with Ian Tamblyn tonight......sigh. And I expect I'll be unable to explain with any satisfactory excusable way.

BUT!

So much cool fantastically exciting ideas are flying into my brain! I spent the day researching 'Steampunk' and being consumed with ideas on what and where I want to go/do with my little guy. I've completely changed what I was going to do - except I still want to make it move - but I ended up picking up all sort of little clock gears and some rusty tin sheets and making a fantastic little top hat and little goggles and getting up every couple of hours to cruise the Internet for some more ideas. Oh, and I tidied up my 'area' which is always how a BIG creative spurt works for me.

Yepper, a very very good day!

So, I'm completely satisfied right now but I do feel a tad guilty......I only hope allowances will be made by those who know me.

And if not; ah well, dems de breaks......


ps...no painting could be found to capture the feeling of this post. Alice-in-Wonderland stuff was NOT what I was getting at.....however I'll keep looking as you never know what will pop up when you go 'trolling'!

UPDATE! Found one! Le Grand Tour La Mer by Mike Worrall.....great!

No comments:

Post a Comment