Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Paging Dr. Freud!

13 erasures of the face in the painting. 13 attempts to repaint my mother's face in the painting. 13 frustrated days doing this again and again and again, until finally realizing it was because it was my mother's face, it wasn't working.
Therapy anyone?
There is something deeper than I realized going on here apparently. But it's made me want to do a whole series of these paintings just because of this. Will it eventually "work out" for me? Will it prove to be elusive and just never happen? Will the face morph over the series?
Fascinating in a truly weird artist way.

By the by; the painting is almost done now, just a couple more days to complete the background. I'm really really happy with it; it's just not got the face of my mother.

So, Dr. Freud........?

No comments:

Post a Comment