Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Huston, the painting has landed.


Here it is. "Thursday's Child - The Rita Series #1"
This has been, to date, in my long and twisty art life, the most difficult thing I've attempted.
But the EXTREME sense of satisfaction I have right now is truly worth the last 13 days.
I actually feel I've climbed up another notch artistically speaking.
I'm totally stoked to do a whole series now. Can't wait to stretch my next canvas.
Here is the old children's poem that the title comes from:
Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace
Wednesday's child is full of woe
Thursday's child has far to go
Friday's child is loving and giving
Saturday's child works hard for a living
But the child that is born on the Sabbath Day, is bonnie and bright and sweet and gay. (that would be the old meaning of gay, ie: happy)
The title refers to the fact that she travelled to Canada from Holland when she was 23, leaving behind her large family and everything she was familiar with, to marry my Dad. Pretty brave and awesome, really.
*sigh* Time for a glass of celebratory wine I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment