Monday, July 13, 2009

I can't sleep...arrest me.

I've been awake since 3:15 this morning and I can't decide if this is good or bad. It isn't a big deal, being as I'm pretty much on my own time frame - thank you for making me an Artist! - but I have this strange feeling that being awake in the wee small hours is almost "reprehensible". Waiting for the sleep police to come on by.....
So what brings this on? Is it that sleep is usually the thing we generally all do between 11pm to 7am, give or take, and here I am "breaking" the pattern? I really felt strange getting up out of bed after 1 3/4 hrs of trying to read and re fluffing pillows...honestly, books are beyond dull at 4 am....and I don't get why. There's only me here (ok, Jams too, but she could give a shit as she snores away on the bed) so if I want to eat, read, paint, whatever, who cares??! Except for making undue noise disturbing my upstairs flatmate, pretty much anything goes.
It just seems so fraught with the odor of illicitness so early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment