Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dark Side of the Moon


This is something I don't think I've ever seen or certainly ever experienced. Today when I opened our little town paper, The Westerley, and turned to the Obits page, there were 6 people listed as having died.
I knew every one of them.
I'm still reeling.
When you live in a small community, you accept that as time goes on there will be folks passing away. Usually our little place has a person's death mentioned, oh, maybe 4 or more months apart. Not often in the scheme of things and certainly to be expected in this fleeting dance we call Life. But 6 deaths all in a short time frame over the last 2 months is, well, almost inconceivable. Our town is stunned.
I am now up to 9 deaths having occurred in my life since August and losing Dad, to this sad sad page of print.
I feel bereft and I most decidedly feel fragile.
The painting "Thinking Of Death" by Frida Kahlo. Certainly appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment