Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Those Fifteen Minutes

“The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.”



Michelangelo Buonarroti

Ah, Fame.....that elusive 'thing' we who create would wish for. At least I think we do. It's true that recognition for your work from the world at large is a sought after goal but what if Fame visits you for a completely different reason?
Let me illustrate with a story......
Last night I received an email from a reporter from the 'Chicago Tribune' saying they had found my blog from a cursory search and would greatly appreciate contacting me in person to do an interview about.....wait for it.......being perceived as 'unphotogenic'.
*    o   *      *   o   *      *   o   *      *   o   *      *   o   *
Now my first reaction - after doing a Google Search to authenticate said person - was to think, "...WTF? Unphotogenic? What about the ART, man?"  and then to laugh bemusedly about what I write about here that gets attention. (may I add my post about being expelled from school because of my earrings, has gotten the most hits to date....) Ah yes, the 'artist ego' takes another shot....and rightly so. Let's remain firmly planted in humility, shall we?
Anyswelledheadway, we have just completed said interview and the reporter was most gracious and I can't wait to see the finished article.....yes, we will post it here.
One part of me is greatly flattered to be in the CHICAGO TRIBUNE (!) but that other part is snorting derisively about being known as the-person-who-looks-like-a-goof-in-photos forevermore.
sigh-bloody-sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment