Friday, January 6, 2012

Don'wanna grow up......

I am in an odd place right now......and it has a lot of stress attached to it because I've taken on a position of great responsibility and I am dealing with a very difficult situation involving the Arts Society I am president of.
And, truthfully - I wish I could just go back to a big shirt and poster paints.
But there you go - this is the thing of being adult you didn't realize was part of the package when you were so young and naive to think being 'grown up' was co-o-o-ol.
It has consumed much of my time over the last weeks and has a lot to do with why I have been away from posting.
But you know, the only way out is through so I shall just deal with the situation as best I can because the ultimate goal is a clear and positive path forward for all the artists in my part of the world.
I am thankful to have some good people around me.
The odd thing - or not depending on your viewpoint - is that I feel a huge creative force building up in me even while dealing 'adultly' with this event, that is aching to get at a canvas and I often feel 'split' so to speak - and frustrated for sure - to just chuck it all and just be an artist painting away in my studio.
Anysuckitupbuttercupway, as much as we would like to have a lovely tra-la-la painting only all the time life, you are sometimes called to make sacrifices for the betterment of all. Call it the reckoning for the talent you have been blessed with.
All together now.

The painting: "I Don't Want To Grow Up" by Kim Robertini.
That says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment