Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

In my odd and always eclectic life, I've found a few things along the way that defy the ordinary behaviors of matter, energy, space and time.
I have a 'magic mirror'.
Seriously true.
No, it doesn't have a big green face appearing telling me about the beautiful stepdaughter I need to get all 'HULK' over (however, the green face has appeared occasionally to warn me to improve my behavior....but I digress)
This particular mirror is in a well lit alcove just outside the bathroom and it ALWAYS makes me look good. (baring those aforementioned bad behaviors)
I have no explanation for why this should be. Honestly, it defies belief, but without a lie it just seems I look better whenever I look into it. Now, I have other mirrors in my skimpy artist hovel - 1 large floor length one in the studio along with a large old bathroom one someone gifted to me that is propped up against the wall in my living/everything else room and a very old one above my old antique dresser in my bedroom (however that one is so old it has 'silvered' and makes you appear with  some very odd 'growths' on your kisser) I even take photos of myself in this magic mirror and they ALWAYS turn out swell.
But here's the thing. I ONLY have this magic awesomeness in that mirror. Out here in good old everyday, I look...well, ordinarily schlumpy and odd.
It's like living in a fiction life that rudely ends whenever I glimpse myself in other mirrors or windows.
I wish I could figure out a way to do an 'Alice-in-Wonderland-through the-looking-glass' thing.
Now, that would be magic indeed!
The pic is a photo of Sally Eilers, actress in 29 films from 1930 to 1935. Classy! And I'm fairly certain she looked good in more than one mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment