Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What A Difference A Year Makes



It occurs to me that it's been just a bit over a year since I started painting the "Rita" paintings. If I recall rightly, I was inspired by a painting I saw at the 'Sooke Fine Arts Show' of 2 women in 1950's bathing suits which made me think of the old photos of mom I had .....and from there we took off. Now that I'm going back and 'reusing' - maybe 'reinterpreting' is the better word - the photos in these new 'Flower' Series I'm doing, I thought it might be interesting to compare the 'first photo' image I used and the paintings ( first one and this latest one) that they inspired.
You can certainly see the growth artistically. I keep telling folks that ask about 'how-do-I-do-it'; there's no secret except to paint and paint and paint. (or whatever your personal form of endeavor takes)
Most noteably > the face!
And we are pleased.
Lower Painting : "Thursday's Child" Sept 2009
Top Painting : "Beginning" Aug 2010


p.s.....as I was writing this post I was also cooking my dinner.

Here's the thing about this particular form of 'multi-tasking'....You need to pay attention or else you will burn the rice.

Learn from the Master, people!

3 comments:

  1. You are an awesome inspiration!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister.. I wanted to show you something awesome..Paula Scott is a painter that I have seen in Wells.. she only started painting at 38... I LOVE here work here are some links

    http://www.broderickgallery.com/Paula%20Scott.html

    http://www.myspace.com/85134067/photos/albums/my-photos/13551

    ReplyDelete