Friday, August 13, 2010

NEXT!!


Ok...here it is. The one that went into the shower with me ....and then some. As you see, we've revamped our background due to the movie about Georgia....most obviously!
But, I am really happy with the end result and am inspired to attempt some more.
And I think that's the point with your journey as an Artist. Constant reinvention. I was having this conversation with 'Gallery Guy' and wondering if I was throwing a 'wrench into the works' by changing the backgrounds, especially as I'm starting to be recognized for the detailed ones I've been doing. He very succinctly pointed out as an Artist, it was your prerogative to change it up. How many Artists have been stuck painting a certain style over and over, ad infinitum, because their public wants the same thing/style? Apparently Pollock went bonkers doing the splat theme. All I can say is that it's exciting to be going this way....... NEXT!!
The painting: ' BEGINNING ' Acrylic with antique Copying pencil Aug 2010

1 comment:

  1. All I can think of to say is WOW, twice.

    I had a great conversation with a well traveled art admirer the other day, he made very emphatic comparisons between your recent series and the work of Alphonse Mucha...

    wow - I can't keep my eyes off this one, great piece.

    ~ Mark

    ReplyDelete