Tuesday, January 12, 2010

CURSE YOU, WALT DISNEY!


I grew up with Walt Disney. Visions of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and the handsome Prince that rode in and swept the girl off her feet and away into Happily Ever After. Then at 13, I discovered Harlequin Romances, and god knows those were reality based...(that was sarcasm). So when I admit to having a very warped idea of what 'love' is, you can understand.
I've been really unlucky in love. (I have no idea if the old saying holds true about my chances with cards as I never played card games when young and as such, am a complete ignoramus...) And the timid dips into the whole Internet Dating realm garnered me idiots who sent me pics of their "parts" with socks on or a 2 hr phone call where I talked for maybe 10 mins to some guy who REALLY had a great opinion of himself ; well, you can see my point. Anyway, the thing is, after 3 failed marriages and a hugely incorrect way of choosing partners, apparently, I've decided to just forget the whole relationship thing.
And it makes me sad in a way.
Because I am a real sucker for romance and would love to have LOVE in my life.
But I'm totally clueless in this dept.
And after all the above experiences, I just bloody well don't trust men anymore.
Yeah. Pathetic.
I don't know how to deal with this either.

No comments:

Post a Comment