Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Soundtrack of My Life

The last couple of nights I've been watching "The Beatles Anthology" - boy this dates me, huh - What a great series! I've been so engrossed in it. Anyway, during the closing credits, I found myself getting all teary-eyed because of all the memories of my formative years it brought to mind and it occurred to me that what they - The Beatles - represent is the soundtrack of my life. I can just about apply any one of their songs to some significant moment along the journey so far. I mean, the one song I insist gets played at my memorial or whatever is done when I move on from this earthly coil; is "In My Life".....
Well, indeed.
I think though, that any generation has had or will have a "sound track". Why else do we dress up in some old costume of our youth and dance around screaming 'they don't write music like this anymore!' yadda, yadda....I was just at an 80's party a week ago - it was fabulous and I looked great as a punk, may I add - and witnessed the same phenomenon happening.
So, tonight I'm feeling nostalgic; appropriate for the season's apex almost being upon us. If music forms a soundtrack, surely Christmas music evokes the strongest memories for most of us.
I hope each and every one of you is surrounded by a good beat over the next few days. If not one of music, may it at the least be the sound of a heart - or hearts - that you love.
Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment