Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolutions

"THE CHANGES IN OUR LIFE MUST COME FROM
THE IMPOSSIBILITY TO LIVE OTHERWISE THAN ACCORDING
TO THE DEMANDS OF OUR CONSCIOUS
NOT FROM OUR MENTAL RESOLUTION TO TRY A NEW FORM OF LIFE"

Now that's a good quote from Tolstoy and one I really am thinking about right now; this being the time we all rethink things we've done or are or whatever seems to need 'fixing' in our lives. I sure go through the thoughts of "I'm going to do such-and-such, and by golly, things are just gonna be better!"
And, most certainly, we fail to do so.
So the idea of change coming from the space of knowing in our very soul that it MUST happen because to do otherwise is denying the very essence of what/who we are, is, in retrospect, the only way it will truly succeed.
Many years ago I did make this kind of change. After some years of a truly addictive lifestyle in a vain attempt to find 'me', I ended up back here in this little coastal town in a black black cloud. I literally closed myself away from all human contact and just lay in the bed of misery. Until some spark of that soul said " This is not the way. Do the one thing that has always been the best part of you, the one thing that has made life bright and worth the living; ART."
It HAS been the best decision or resolution - if you will- I've ever done.
so the rest of it all: wanting to lose weight; wishing for love; taking better care of myself; is just 'fluff'......I mean, it probably would be worthwhile to do these things but my soul is actually content in it's path.
So, this year, I'm going to live in the trust of my real self. No "RESOLUTIONS" because I know that all the above will happen if I just let it be.
Wow, how freeing that was.
A good NEW year awaits !

No comments:

Post a Comment