Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cycle Of Life - Round and Round We Go

Boy it's been a long long long week of "take another shot". Started with my PC crapping out completely and when I got it to repair fairies and letting them know it was imperative that it be fixed by day's end because, you see, I have to arrange for the bleeding thing to be delivered and picked up from said shop in next city over 1 1/2 hrs away - and being assurred no problem.....well you can guess where this is going. Meanwhile a phone call from my bro in Van letting me know aged parent was in hospital after bad fall and things not looking good so I packed hurredly and caught bus out for a days travel to get there. When there finding out the aged parent was going into surgery for pacemaker (at 89?!?) but within 3 hrs he was sitting up and eating and complaining about not having his teeth and flirting with the nurses......what a guy. But he's very confused and rambling...it's distressing to see your parent failing before your eyes.
So I'm thinking a lot about life and it's journey for each of us......and how in our society getting old really sucks. We are so removed from what the end game is like, aren't we? I think that is what is most terrifing for us - we remove our elderly away and just don't know what to do when they are nearing the end of their life. It must be a scary thing to be surrounded by strangers.
Quite depressing this.......
I sure hope each and every one of us takes every opportunity to tell our loved and cherished how much we care.

No comments:

Post a Comment