Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Did It My Way


I'm pretty proud of myself right now. I plunged into a relatively unknown arena for me and tackled making my own website. I expect that to most folks that sounds lame but for this gal who remembers oo1 o1o ooo to program computers and had decided that was not going to be her shtick - ever - it's a big deal. And it was really not at all as difficult as I thought it was going to be. (take a look http://www.marlathirsk.com/) The reason I did tackle this myself was because of the astronomical quotes I was getting for someone else to do it...and the artist pocketbook is not that flush.

So this has me thinking about how so many things that seem so daunting to us usually turn out to be not so much. We need to believe in ourselves more. And just go and dive right in. If I had been afraid of never being able to paint or draw or create when I was young I'd never be where I am today.

It's not real earthshaking what I accomplished today but it's huge as a life lesson.

Maybe I'll finally tackle travelling to Italy by myself. That scares me too.

Live your life or have LIFE to LIVE!

VIVA!

No comments:

Post a Comment